|Funke Koleosho's Velvet Tamarind Compote with Yoghurt|
To discover this very unique and exotic taste of the black velvet, try this very simple recipe.
- A handful of shelled black velvet tamarind (about 200g or more)
- Brown sugar (vary quantity according to your preference for sweetness)
- 1-1.5 cups of hot water
- Fresh natural yoghurt
- Honey (to sweeten the yoghurt)
What to do:
- Transfer the orange velvet tamarind pulps into a deep base pan. Add the hot water and allow the pulp to boil in the water for about 1 minute.
- Then add sugar and stir. Boil slowly under low heat until the mixture starts to thicken. Use a metal spoon to stir the mixture to release the tiny black seed. These come out easily when the pulp becomes soft.
- Carefully remove the seeds, then continue to boil until you achieve a sticky thick consistency. Allow to cool and then store in the fridge until needed.
- Sometime later, serve compote with honey sweetened fresh natural yoghurt. (matter of fact, I actually did enjoy eating the compote warm!)
|Black Velvet Tamarind Compote|