Chin Chin & Chocolate Mud

This is a really simple dessert....



I personally love a good chocolate dessert and I desperately look for new and inspiring ways to serve it. I get thrilled when after servicing up a dish people say....."aahhh which one be this again ooohhhhh"(Nigerian pidgin English).....to which I always say "chop and see first!" (which translates, taste of pudding (or shall I say dessert) is in the eating)... hehehehe.

For all my foodie readers based in regions where exotic/expensive chocolate ingredients cannot be readily found, fret not.....this simple dessert will delight anyone one, especially during this festive season.

No cooking necessary!! Try it.


What you need
  • A good quality chocolate ice-cream of choice
  • Some Bournvita granules
  • Chin-chin (you can buy some or make yours. See my chin-chin recipe here)
  • Condensed milk


What to do
  1. Remove the ice-cream from the freezer and allow to soften. Then add some condensed milk (just a little to create a creamier consistency) and mix well.
  2. Crush the chin-chin and place small portions into pretty pots or containers (as seen in the picture), follow with a layer of the condensed milk and ice-cream blend. Then top with some granules of bournvita. 
  3. Return to the fridge and chill until needed.




Previous Post Next Post