In Nigeria, dodo is not a bird but delicious deep fried (or grilled) ripe plantains!
|Funke Koleosho's Dodo & Smoked Salmon Sticks|
I am forever looking for dishes that offer bold/full tastes and flavours....and my fried plantain & salmon sticks is one of them. Dead simple to make, very easy to source ingredients, and they make excellent canapés (small chops), starters or light meals. You can also match them with other foods especially rice or bean dishes.
What you need
- Just ripe (firm to the touch) plantains
- Smoke salmon slices
- Ata dindin relish (get the recipe here)
- Coconut oil for frying
- Peel the ripe plantain and slice into chunks across its width.
- Deep fry in coconut oil until golden brown.
- Place fried plantain chunks on some kitchen towel to soak up excess oil.
- Remove smoked salmon from the pack and fold each slice into small squares.
- Skew the fried plantain and folded smoked salmon alternately.
- Serve with some Ata Dindin relish.
|Fried Plantains & Smoked Salmon Sticks|