Steamed Potato Omelette


So I looked around my kitchen the other day, trying to figure out what I could have for breakfast slash lunch (brunch)...and after only finding some eggs, pieces of leftover veggies, some leftover boiled potatoes, and some leftover moin moin leaves (ewe eeran), something came to my mind.

So I decided to combine all these ingredients and steam-cooked in the moin moin leaves. It was simple, easy, fast, and definitely different. In addition, I determined it was healthy and CHEAP...bearing in mind that everything I used in the dish is leftovers found in the fridge. But above all the dish was tasty and delicious.

We tend to underestimate the versatility of our traditional food wrap (ewe eeran). Ewe eeran is really useful, and I believe its got something to do with that additional flavour you get, that you can't really attribute to any of the other ingredients. 

So this dish proves that ewe eeran is ideal for steam-cooking a range of foods, not just moin moin....


This dish is a new discovery for me, and I will definitely be making more of it in future.

Give it try.


What you need
  • Eggs
  • Finely chopped veggies such as onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc
  • Boiled and chopped potatoes (boiled yam or plantains can also be used)
  • Salt and black pepper
  • 1 spoon of coconut oil or melted butter
  • Ewe eeran for wrapping (you can use foil paper as an alternative)

What to do
  1. Chop all veggies, whisk eggs, chop potatoes. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, add the salt and pepper, oil and gently mix. Portion into conically shaped ewe eeran, steam for 5 - 10 minutes depending on the size of the wraps.
  2. Eat hot or cold. yum (you may serve with some spicy pepper sauce - ata dindin)














Pin this...



5 Comments

  1. This looks really yummy for some simple brunch. I hope I can pull it out. Ideas galore you are such a cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you can Esther, its really very easy..!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful and looks yummy, please what potatoes did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful, what potatoes did you use?

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post