|Funke Koleosho's "Peppery" Egg Pita Pocket|
For some background details, read my previous post on "Peppery" Chicken Pita Pocket, a very simple sandwich recipe which offers a somewhat different alternative to regular chicken sandwich.
In a very similar twist, try also "Peppery" Egg Pita Pockets...., "Peppery" because I added some excitingly spicy, delicious traditional Nigerian chilli sauce; ata dindin (get recipe here). The egg filling you make from this recipe can also be used in other types of bread.
What you need
- Pita bread
- Soft boiled eggs
- Premium Ata Dindin sauce (a traditional Nigerian chilli sauce. Get recipe here)
- Crisp salad
- Chives for garnishing
What to do
- Cut the boiled eggs into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add a generous quantity of mayonnaise (or as you prefer).
- Add a few teaspoons of premium ata dindin sauce and give all a good mix.
- Lightly warm the pita bread in a microwave (this is optional though).
- Then cut pita bread into two equal parts across the width. Open bread into pockets and fill with your chicken mayonnaise mixture.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve with some salad.
|"Peppery" Egg Pita Pocket|